Friday, January 25, 2008

To Heck With Winter

It's a bright sunny day. However the wind is howling, making the present 30 degrees Fahrenheit feel even colder.

The cold weather and I are not the best of friends. That is why you will never find me complaining about the summer heat and its accompanying New England-style high humidity.

Let's face it. I love the heat. I am most happy when I am warm and toasty and get to wear the minimal clothing.

I would be very happy living in a much warmer climate.

In fact I revelled in Arizona, where the temperature remained consistently in the low 100s. Coming home to a 40 degree difference did not sit well with me. If I could, I would go back to that desert in a heart beat.

As you may have guessed, I am not one of these people who enjoys the transition of the four seasons.

Not me. No way.

Give me a place where the only precipitation is rain. And give me a place where my fingers won't get stiff and numb from the cold.

Right now my cold, stiff, and numb fingers are counting of the months until the warm weather arrives.



No comments: