Monday, February 11, 2008

Brrrrrr

It is days like today that make me not complain about winter.

Today is actually a very beautiful day outside. The sun is shining brightly, and there is a delicious crispness to the air.

But the temperature is in the mid-teens ~ well below freezing. And the howling banshee wind is making that already frigid air feel colder than it actually is.

After spending a couple of hours in my studio ~ which happens to be the coldest room in the house ~ I broke down, got off my PC, and set up my laptop in the much warmer kitchen.

My only complaint there is having the shining sun make it difficult to see the screen, let alone the cursor.

However, that is much more preferable than sporting many layers, wearing a polar fleece hat, fingerless gloves, and my fleece-lined fur apres ski boots, while having an afghan on my shoulers and another one on my lap.

I tell you, such multitude of layers belongs outside, not inside.

No comments: