Monday, September 29, 2008

Getting Up to Speed ~ Saddle Up!

As I mentioned earlier, head hunters from all over the country started calling Neil left and right as soon as he posted his resume on monster.com.

He had job offers from Springfield, Massachusetts (which none of us were too crazy about), St. Louis, Missouri (too high a crime rate), and Anchorage, Alaska (too cold and too much snow).

Last week, he was in both Lubbock and Dallas, Texas taking interviews.

While Neil was not too crazy about Dallas, he really liked Lubbock ~ the area, the company that he interviewed at, and the people.

And even though he already had offers from other companies, Neil's heart was set on working in Lubbock.

So I am very happy to announce that today Neil received ~ and accepted ~ a job offer from Lubbock.

The company in Lubbock wants him to be there in 2 weeks!

While Neil will be going ahead to Lubbock, Ariana and I will be staying behind for the time being.

I would like for Ariana to finish her semester at Bristol Community College. And in the meantime, I will be having to prepare the house to be put on the market. Considering the size of the house and all the crap that had accumulated there over the years, this is not going to be an easy task.

I told Neil that when he leaves, he will have to bring with him all the stuff that he does not want me to throw out, because once I get into purging mode, nothing will be spared.

In the meantime, I am looking at this as an opportunity for great adventure. Once Ariana, the critters, and I get on the road, we'll be living like gypsies.

Just think ~ next year I'll be writing this blog from the other side of this country.

No comments: