Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fun In the Park

Each day brings new pleasures and new discoveries at the Outdoor Learning Center at Mackenzie park.

A couple of weeks ago I saw this blue heron up in a tree. (I wish I could have gotten a better pic, but all I had was the camera on my phone and not my Nikon.)

There are prairie dog fields throughout the park. And sometimes you can get fairly close to one of those critters as it sticks its head out of its burrow, chattering and twitching its tail away.

(It's the prairie dog holes that made me give up chucking tennis balls for Kane to chase. Whenever a ball landed near a prairie dog hole, Kane would push the ball with his nose into the hole and watch roll down. Because of that, Kane now chases Frisbees. They're too big to fit down prairie dog holes.)

There's also a playground there.

And one thing that Kane likes more than playgrounds is playing with little kids. He is such a love bug that he adores everyone, especially children.

Today was an amazingly glorious day with bright blue, sunny skies and temps in the low 70s.

And no matter how many times we have been to this park, there are always new places to discover

and to explore.

These big wood chip piles were a pile of fun for Kane.

And they certainly made it easier for me to get a decent pic of him.

Look how big Kane has gotten. And just think, he's only 6 months old and still has a lot more growing to do.

With the warmer weather, there have been more people

and more dogs at the park. For the most part, the dogs have been friendly.

Kane hit it off really well with this portly Weimaraner named Chance. They both had fun chasing each other and running after Frisbees.

He's also had fun running through the river mud and emerging with black legs and a black underbelly. And on days when he did that, my car smelled like a ripe old swamp.

Thank God today a "Chance" meeting distracted him from the river mud.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Allah'u'Abha Neringa, Just wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying reading your blog, I just joined as a follower. Also just wanted to let you know that I've been recently starting to read the magazine called artful blogging, and just thought you might find it inspiring. I know I have,so much so that I decided to start my own blog to share my art with people. I've named it Lara's Lovely Creations and the url is http://laraslovelycreations.blogspot.com/
Hope you enjoy it.