Friday, July 16, 2010

Sometimes It Pays to Suck At Something

My work had a summer party for its staff and their families today. The party was held at a local bowling hall not too far from where I live.

After sharing a well-intentioned, but less-than-satisfying meal, we were divided into teams of 8 and sent out into the bowling lanes to play.


Now I haven't bowled in decades, and the last time I did, it was with duck pins, not the big-ass pins using the big-ass balls.

And the last time I played, my score was more fitting for golf than it was for bowling. Obama would have easily whooped my butt in bowling.


Well, it was no different tonight.


Out of all the players, I had the lowest score. No big surprise there. I predicted that would happen. But that wasn't all that bad.

You see, there were prizes awarded tonight for the best player and for the worst player. Both of us won $50 gift cards to the Main Event, an entertainment venue that features bowling, billiards, laser tag, arcade games, and other fun stuff to do.

I am especially looking forward to playing laser tag, having played it several years ago at Ariana's friend's b-day party. And the laser tag set up at the Main Event looks a helluva nicer and more cool than the one I played at in Massachusetts.


Laser tag is more my style. Sure it gets the adrenaline going and works up a sweat, but at least it doesn't involve heavy balls. The knuckles on my right hand, especially my middle finger, are still quite sore from hefting those heavy big-ass bowling balls.

No comments: