Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dallas!

Finally, a new blog!

A few weeks ago, on Easter weekend, Ariana and I got away from it all and took a trip to Dallas.

We shared the driving on this 5 - 6 hour drive. And there's one thing about driving through Texas - it's all back roads.

We arrived at night, visited with Ariana's friend Deion and his family, and then settled in for the night at the Mesquite Inn in Mesquite.

The next morning, Ariana, Deion, and I went to the the Traders Village, this really HUGE flea market.

And on our way there, we got our first daylight view of downtown Dallas.


There's the Dallas skyline in the background.

Now that's what I call a skyline!

You won't see buildings that tall in Lubbock, and certainly not so many of them.
.
It's been 2 years since I've been in a city with skyscrapers.

Anyhow, Traders Village wound up being very overwhelming in its size. We didn't stay there too long, just long enough for me to get a pair of basketball shorts and a tee shirt to sleep in because I forgot to pack my PJs.

Our next stop was going to be the Dallas Arboretum.

No comments: