Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ghosties

There have been strange things happening lately.

As I had mentioned in an earlier blog, I found the window at the top of the stairs open. Yesterday I found the loft door open. And in both instances, Ariana and Richie claimed ignorance.

Today, while driving home from school, Ariana said that something weird happened when she was going to sleep last night, which in her case was 2:00 o'clock this morning.

She said that she heard my far door opening, then footsteps across my room. Next she saw her door quickly open and close. Then the footsteps walked back across my room, and the far door opened and closed again.

Next she heard footsteps coming up the stairs to the chill room, pausing for a short while, and then going back down again.

She asked Richie if he had been going to wake her up, as often would have been the case. But Richie was fast asleep. Besides, he would have not gone through my room knowing that I was sleeping in there.

I didn't wake up to all that noise. Neither did the dogs. Surely if someone had gone through my room, the dogs would have been awake and would have gone to greet the visitor.

Strange indeed.

Ariana said that she noticed that there has lately been more ghostly ~ or at least unexplainable ~ activity in the house.

And it did not end with last night's footsteps and the opening and closing of doors.

Just within the past hour, Ariana and Richie had gone on the porch to wait for Big Tits. Shortly afterwards, I heard someone walking upstairs. I figured that one of the kids went to get something out of Ariana's room.

When I heard that the kids were still on the porch, I went outside and asked them if either one of them had gone upstairs before going outside to the porch.

Neither one of them had gone upstairs. They went directly outside, and that was where they stayed until Big Tits came to get them.

Really odd indeed.

I wonder if the ghosts are getting restless with our plans to relocate. Maybe they don't want us to move.

Maybe we should invited them to come with us.

No comments: