Thursday, March 20, 2008

Signs of Spring

Today is the first day of Spring. Warmer weather is on its way.

For most people the first signs of Spring may be sighting that first robin or noticing that the crocuses are up.

For me, I have a different set of signs of Spring.

When I hear the starlings return to their nest in the defunct clothes dryer vent that is above the first floor bathroom, I certainly know that Spring is on its way.

I used to have another sign of Spring years ago. That was when my neighbor across the street would take out his motorcycle for its first spin down the road.

However, as the years progressed, and as our young and carefree days gradually morphed into respectable adulthood, the motorcycle became permanently retired.

At least it retired for my neighbor across the street.

No comments: