Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pockets

What is it with women's clothing? Most of women's clothing is designed without pockets. Or if pockets are included, they are so shallow that everything falls out every time I sit down.

I suppose it may have something to do with maintaining a smooth silhouette, clean lines unbroken by any disturbing and distracting bumps and bulges.

To hell with bumps and bulges, I want decent pockets to carry the stuff that I use on a regular basis. I want my commonly used articles near me and readily available. I don't want to hunt them down in a pocketbook that is on the other side of the house.

As of this moment, this is what I have in my jeans pockets:
  • the right front pocket contains 2 different lip balm and a newly bought sketching fountain pen
  • the left front pocket contains and eyeglass lens cleaning cloth because I am very obsessive about having clean lenses, a lighter, and a tiny micro Swiss Army knife
  • the left rear pocket contains a sheet of paper towel for blowing my nose, because those mamby-pamby Kleenex tissues just can't cut it
  • the right rear pocket contains a bank envelope with money in it

Even my hoodies, jackets, coats, etc. have to have decent pockets. Heck! I even insist that my PJ bottoms have pockets.

Let's face it, I'm nuts about pockets. I am nuts about any kind of article of clothing that will permit me to carry my needful things without having to resort to a purse.

The purse is there for larger things that cannot easily fit into my pockets. It is pretty much, at that point, an extention of the pockets in my clothing.

Please don't get me wrong about purses, handbags, and pocketbooks. I love them as much as I love shoes ~ even though I tend to stick to the same bag and shoes for weeks and months at a time.

No comments: