Saturday, February 14, 2009

Back In the Groove

Shortly after I woke up, I started feeling tired. But this time ~ especially since I was no longer afflicted with the stomach bug ~ I made myself stay up instead to going upstairs to take a nap.

After all, I wanted to break that pattern, which had established itself when I was sick, of napping during the day.

Still, it took awhile before I was motivated to do some work.

In fact, I stayed in my PJs all morning and part of the afternoon.

It was already mid afternoon. And usually, if I haven't gotten any work at least started by this time, I would have spent the rest of the day in various permutations of sloth.

But after getting killed off in
Zuma, I forced myself to go take a shower. No way was I going to spend the whole day in PJs. Besides, I didn't like feeling grubby.

After my shower and getting dressed, I started a load of laundry.

And from there, I needed to decide what my project was going to be for today.

Seeing that the appearance of the library was bothering me, I figured that would be a good place to start.

I moved all the packed boxes out of the library and into the studio, where I had stored a lot of packed boxes.

The empty cartons and the 2 clothes racks went into the studio as well.

I cleaned all the wall shelves and swept up the floor. Stuff got tidied up.

After the library was all spiffed up, I brought in the 3 large plastic bins that Ariana and I used to store our clothes. I figured that the library, due to its close proximity to the laundry room and bathroom would be a better place to store these bins.

Now the bins themselves have been in quite the disarray. They were in serious need of organizing. In fact, it took far more time to reorganize the clothing bins than it did to clean out the library.

Ariana's 2 bins were the most challenging because of the sheer volume of clothing. Frankly, does one person need to have that much clothing on hand?

I have been able to get by with just one large bin of clothing. And my clothes, being many sizes larger than Ariana's, take up a lot more space than hers do.

Ariana complained that she had no more socks except for that one pair of formerly pink socks. Yet, when I was going through all of Ariana's clothing, I found several pairs of socks ~ enough to stuff into 2 large one-gallon zip-lock baggies.

In fact that's what I did with all of our socks, underwear, bras, scarves, accessories ~ stuff them all into large zip-lock baggies. That way, we would no longer have to go rummaging through piles of clothing to find a pair of socks or undies.

Anyhow, the library looks the best it's looked in years. And I can once again feel good about having some productivity in my day.

No comments: