Monday, May 18, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different

My birthday celebration did not end with going to see the new Star Trek movie. Barbara had made plans to take us out to Pomodores Sports Bar in Wareham for a night of karaoke.

Neither Barbara nor Ariana nor I were brave enough to stand in front of the mic, but Jeremiah was.

Here's Jeremiah (in the white shirt) belting it out with one of his friends.

This time he was part of a trio.

Actually Jeremiah wasn't all that bad.

In fact, I was very surprised to discover that there were more good and decent karaoke singers than there were awful ones.

Most of the folks did a good job, and some of them were even awesome.
The only really 3-sheets-to-the-wind performer wasn't even a signer. He was a soused soul who was attempting to dance with a woman in the bar. Or should I say, "attempting to stand on 2 feet?"

Ah! The advantages of staying sober in a bar! You get to see the drunken idiots making fools of themselves. It's like getting an extra show.

But for the most part, I didn't see anybody else as looped and lit as this fellow. Maybe that's a credit to this bar.

Pomodores
was one of the friendlier bars that I've visited. It's one of those "Cheers" bars where everybody knows your name.

Not only that, the patrons at this establishment were definitely into music. And that was a very nice thing to witness. Very often the whole bar would break out into song when someone was up at the mic.

It has been several years ~ perhaps even over a decade ~ since I had last visited a bar. And while I don't plan on making bar-hopping a new habit (after all, I do enjoy spending my nights curled up with a good book), I think that I may want to step foot into a karaoke bar again.

It was fun.

And maybe one of these days I may actually brave the mic!

No comments: