Monday, May 18, 2009

A N.Y. Yankee in Red Sox Nation and Warp Speed Ahead

After our short visit to Seven Arrows, Ariana and Iheaded to Wareham to Barbara's house. We needed to get there for noon because Barbara and Ariana had a previous commitment.

While still in Swansea, the both of us decided that our tummies needed something more substantial than just fruit juice and whoopie pies or lavender cookies.

So we stopped at a Wendy's on Route 6 for their 99-cent bacon cheeseburger.

While at Wendy's, one of the help gave Ariana a hard time over her N.Y. Yankees hat, saying that such a hat does not belong in Red Sox Nation.

Though I may not be a sports fan, I do agree that wearing a Yankees hat in Massachusetts is close to asking for grief.

After having stuffed our faces with cheap fast food, Ariana was taking pictures of the moving scenery outside the car and of herself.


Dosen't she look like a pouty super model in this pic?

Here's another model-worthy shot of Ariana.

We got to Wareham right at noon.

I visited with Barbara and Jeremiah for a few minutes before taking off for home, where I played Zuma on my laptop until Ariana got back.

After she got back, I took Ariana and Jeremiah to see the new Star Trek movie.


Ever since I was a kid, I had always enjoyed Star Trek, and I was very much curious to see how this new and improved re-booted version was.

I must admit, I did enjoy the movie. Parts of it were very different from the Star Trek that I grew up with. Yet there were also many familiar elements that did justice to the original series.

It was an exciting movie.

And it did have its unexpected moments. . .

. . . like when, during a scene with Spock, Jeremiah shouted out loud, "You go, Spock!"

That elicited a bit of laughter from the movie-soing audience.

While I am not one who typically enjoys seeing a movie over again, I wouldn't mind seeing this movie again. I bet it would be real fun in an IMAX theater.

No comments: