Thursday, March 14, 2019

A Cooking Palooza — The First of Many More to Come...

...the first in this blog, that is, as I’ve been posting my cooking adventures on Facebook and Instagram for quite some time.

It was raining yesterday, but I was not going to let a little bit of rain deter me from firing up my grill for the first time this year. After all, I had two fat pieces of sirloin that were rubbed with the most awesome steak rub ever waiting to jump on the grill.



Don't those babies look good?!


I had only planned to grill those two pieces of steak, but all those live charcoals were just begging for me to slap something else on the grill. Good thing I had some mini peppers on hand.






Not only did they grill up nicely, they had a wonderfully sweet flavor to them that would go nicely with a grilled steak, had that steak been served on a plate. But like I mentioned earlier, I had other plans for this steak.


The sirloin got cut up into smaller bite-size pieces. Also, I minced some shallot, and chopped up some 
red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, along with 
some mango.


Let the mason jar salad assembly begin!

First thing into the mason jars was some homemade rosemary/garlic/shallot white wine vinaigrette. Next went in comes something which can tolerate sitting in the vinaigrette, which in this case would be the meat. (I certainly would not mind that additional marinating action.)

Next came the shallots, then the chopped peppers, and then the mango. Now that there was a sufficient barrier between the salad dressing and the leafy greens, I stuffed the rest of the jar with artisan lettuce that I picked up at Aldi. You want to make sure that the leafy greens are the last to go in the jar, because they would get really nasty from sitting in any kind of vinegary salad dressing for days.

And there you go. Voilà!




No comments: