Friday, June 5, 2009

Culinary Experimentation Continues

It was late evening on Wednesday, and I was looking for a snack to enjoy while watching old episodes of Heroes. Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard was bare, and it was once more time for some culinary ingenuity.

This was the result of Wednesday night's experimentation:
  • take one can of sardines and mash it up in a bowl
  • add horseradish mayo and some capers
  • spread on stale jalapeƱo nachos

The result? Passable. Actually more than passable. Depending on my mood, I could actually enjoy this concoction.

Yesterday brought me to searching for something to make for dinner ~ and something that I will be eating for the next 2 or 3 days.

Here was yesterday's result:

  • cook up some garbanzo beans and brown rice (I had to do this separately because I only had one pot that was not packed away.)
  • mix the beans and rice in a bowl after they've been cooked
  • add softened crunchy peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, Bragg's Liquid Aminos (tastes like soy sauce), crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper
  • and mix it all up together

The result? Actually quite tasty, though the mixture did tend to dry out after sitting for awhile. I think I'll be able to eat this creation for the next couple of days without getting sick of it.

No comments: