Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

In this case, it was Ariana's friends.

Today I was saved from the daily drudgery of rice and beans not once, but twice.

For starters, Ryan treated me to lunch at the
Beverly Yacht Club.

"Order anything you like."

And I did. I ordered the Caesar salad, which I did not finish, and the Prosciutto di Parma and Provolone sandwich with wedgie steak fries, which I also did not finish. (Yay! Left-overs!)

Later on in the day, when I was on the computer, the door bell rang. There at the door was Ariana's and Ryan's hippy friend, Shannon, bearing foodie gifts.

Shannon works at How On Earth, which is a brief walk through our back field.


Because How On Earth is closed on Sundays and Mondays, the staff scheduled for Saturday closing gets to bring home boxes of food that will be expired by the time the store re-opens on the following week.

So Shannon brought me a delicious stuffed summer squash, a salad with a lemon-mustard vinaigrette, and a bag of sea salt and vinegar potato chips.

What a great day! Rice and beans never passed my lips today.

No comments: