Sunday, May 30, 2010

Finally Nailed

All the online instructions for safely removing acrylic nails stated that after soaking the nails in acetone-based nail polish remover for 20 minutes, the nails will come off, albeit rather messily.

Yeah right.

Last night I got the stuff ready and sat down in front of the computer to watch CSI: Miami. According to the directions, my fake nails should have been off before the end of the show.

So why was it that after watching CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, and 2 episodes of House MD my acrylic nails stubbornly remained?

I soaked my nails over 7 times the recommended soaking time, and still no light at the end of the tunnel.

Perhaps it was that the acetone content in the nail polish remover wasn't strong enough.

So today I went to Home Depot and got a can of straight acetone. With the straight acetone, removal should be a snap. Right?

Wrong!

It still took awhile to remove those damn nails. Granted, it didn't take as long as last night's operation, but it still took time.

I soaked and scraped through 2 episodes of NCIS - Los Angeles and a quarter of the way through 24.

Finally the nails came off.

Well, not exactly all the way off, but at least to the point I could tolerate.

After 5 hours those long blunt tips finally gave way to short nails that were finally sharp enough to satisfy an itch or peel off a section of tape.

Yay!

Ariana told me to tell her how my nail removal operation worked out because she was anxious to remove her fake nails too.

Sure.

Gladly.

But I don't think she'll have the patience.

No comments: