Sunday, May 30, 2010

Somewhat Busy Day

Sorry, no profound thoughts to share tonight. I'm hovering on the cusp of wakefulness and sleep. As such whatever deep thoughts I may have are not able to percolate up to the surface. So I will just describe an abridged version my day instead.

The day started off with devotions in the morning after not having enough sleep. (Hey, even on my nights off, it's still tough to revert to a "normal" schedule.)

After devotions, I dragged Neil with me to the grocery store to pick up some stuff that we ran out of. Neil sat in the car while I shopped.

After shopping, I paid the rent and water bill at the leasing office.

Then I went home. And while Neil was putting away his 2 cases of Ramen noodles, I was cleaning up the pudding poops that Emi left. (She's been stealing the kitten food, and it must be too rich for her stomach.)

I sprayed oven cleaner in the oven, and then set off in search of over-the-door shoe organizers.

I was hoping that I could find some in the mall - in either J.C. Penney or Sears - which is very close to home.

No such luck. (But I did score a nice pair of black leggings at Beall's and got my hair trimmed at Regis Salon.)

So that meant that I had to drive out to Wally World, AKA Walmart.

Found what I was looking for. Bought 2.

When I came home with my spoils, I finished cleaning the oven. What a mess. And it did not help that Kane kept sticking his nose in the oven while I tried to clean. But I finally got it done, and I had to throw away the sponge afterwards.

Once the oven was clean, I took Kane to the park. We test drove his new 35 to 40-foot leash that I made. It worked great. Kane didn't pull. And little kids didn't get knocked down.

We stayed about 30 - 45 minutes at the park.

Kane chased Frisbees, thus disrupting the disc golf games. But the folks were good-natured about Kane running away with their discs, especially when they were their friends' discs.

Unlike yesterday, I saw no snakes today. Too bad.

It started sprinkling just before we left. And with the temperature being 94, that little sprinkle was a nice relief. In fact, it knocked the temp down to 91.

After taking Kane out for his exercise, the next part of our ritual is usually to stop at the coffee shop, where I get either a passion fruit-orange-guava smoothie or a Ghiradelli mocha iced latte, and Kane gets his usual cup of ice.

But when I saw that the gate to the coffee shop's patio was closed, I went home instead.


When I got home, I lost on a scratch ticket that I bought. The state of Texas became another $5 richer. And I guess I won't be driving out to Austin to collect my $10,000 a month
(minus taxes) for 20 years.

Not yet.

I started organizing my shoes, putting them in the shoe organizer. I was going to give one of the organizers to Ariana, but when I discovered that I had more shoes than what one shoe organizer could hold, I decided to use the second one.

The second one also held some of Neil's shoes, his neck ties, and his socks. Now Neil has no excuse for not finding his socks.

I put all the CDs that were stacked in multiple piles on the bedroom floor into 2 racks that I picked up at Savers. And I packed some stuff into boxes. More floor space got liberated. Yay!

Now I need to go out an buy more packaging tape so that I can put together more boxes to catch all the stuff I need to bring to the storage unit.

Ariana came home from work and started cooking.

I stopped my cleaning when the phone rang. It was Barbara.

Later, I ate a small edame and tabbouleh salad, along with some mac and cheese that Ariana cooked. I did not eat the chicken that she made because I was already full. However, Neil ate the chicken, and pronounced it good.

While at the table, I heard Achmed the Dead Terrorist yelling, "Silence! I kill you!" in my pocket. It was a phone call from Jeremiah. He got a great kick out of the fact that I used Achmed the Dead Terrorist as my ring tone for him, especially when he would always be quoting Achmed's favorite line.

After I talked to Jeremiah, I gave the phone to Neil so that he could talk to him, too.

And while Neil was talking, I hopped on the computer. And that's where I've been ever since.

And now I have to decide if I want to yet go to bed or if I should read a bit.

No comments: