Monday, May 31, 2010

My Cleaning Vacation

No profundities today either.

After running an errand and having an impromptu lunch at the India Palace buffet, I was in no mood to take Kane out for his exercise.

Not only was it hot (which usually is no big deal for me) it was Memorial Day, which meant that all of Lubbock was going to be out. I had no desire to deal with all those little kids at the park and trying to keep Kane from jumping up on them.


So I stayed in my troll hole apartment and cleaned.

I finally decided to tackle the kitchen and all the stuff piled up on the 4 teeny tiny counters in the kitchen - detritus that had been sitting there ever since the movers brought our stuff in September.

After all my effort, those 4 tiny Formica squares are pristine.

There was finally room to prepare food and set dishes down on. Hell! There was even enough room for my food processor - that is, after I put the crock pot in the closet. (And that necessitated my cleaning out the closet as well.)


The stove got a cleaning, too. Those puddles of grease under the elements may have explained why the smoke alarm was going off, even after I cleaned out the oven the day before.

I did 2 loads of dishes. And put them away.

The paid bills got organized. They were put into an accordion folder.

The kitchen table was cleaned off. And I replaced the dirty fabric table cloth with an easy-to-clean plastic one.

The kitchen and dining areas are now nice and clean. And if anybody undoes all of my hard work, I will wring their necks.

No comments: