Friday, October 10, 2008

Her Majesty's Gift

Not too long ago, my dear friend Ruth from Australia took a workshop in free form crochet given by Prudence Mapstone. She had sent me the link to Prudence's website, and immediately I was smitten with free form crochet.

Pretty soon I was scrumbling away. It was addicting. I never knew that I could have so much fun with just a little stick and some yarn.

Of course being in dire financial straits did not make it easy to obtain lots of scrumptious yarn to play with. In order to satisfy my new addiction, I was deconstructing sweaters, scarves, and anything knitted just for the yarn. If it was knitted, it trembled in fear when my shadow darkened its path.

In the meantime, I joined a Yahoo group called International Free Form Crochet where I could connect with others who share this passion.

In posting about my financial situation requiring me to deconstruct knits in order to get yarn, I was contacted by a fellow member, Margo, who has Her Majesty Margo Fiber Studio. Margo was so kind to offer to send me yarn from her stash so that I could have some goodies to play with.

The yarn arrived today!

And I was SO excited! What was especially exciting was seeing the number of colors in the cool end of the spectrum, because most of my nice yarn is in the warm end of the spectrum.

I cannot wait to start playing.

Thank you SO much, Margo!

2 comments:

Ellen-Mary said...

That is wonderful! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Have fun.

margo duke said...

That was so sweet - make sure to post some scrumbles when you can - we scrumblers need to unite and spread the word about how much fun it is!(and addictive too!)