Thursday, October 16, 2008

'Miah's Back

Last night Ariana and I picked up 'Miah at Providence's T.F. Green Airport. He was rather easy to spot with that straw cowboy hat of his.

Before hopping in the car right away, we spent some time at the airport's Starbuck's. 'Miah had been on planes all day long and had not had anything to eat all day long.

While enjoying our coffee, we looked at pix that 'Miah took with his cell phone.

The pix ranged from a cockroach in a toilet in Neil's and 'Miah's motel room (in Ohio, I think), to road signs, to the all black pug puppy 'Miah wanted to by, to vanity shots of him either in his hat and funky sunglasses or without a shirt flexing his muscles.

He even took a picture of Neil eating a donut at a bank in Lubbock. (Why were there donuts at a bank?)

'Miah also showed us the state magnets that he bought for his mother.

We also heard of the story of him helping out an old man, near Neil's apartment, with the removal of dead wood from his willow tree.

The old man had been struggling with a saw. 'Miah took the saw, climbed up that tree, and started sawing away, all the while hearing that old man say, "You sure move fast in that tree, sonny boy!"

Just minutes after doing the tree work, the skies opened up and poured rain for 4 days. Because Lubbock is flat and does not have much in the way of sewers, it easily got flooded, especially at the intersections.

A car the size of mine would have not made it through those flooded intersections. So, I guess I'll have to get myself a truck once I move down to Texas. At least it'll be cheaper buying it there than here.

People are super friendly and very proper in their manners. Yet they are speed demon maniacs behind the wheel.

After listening to his stories, 'Miah asked us if we wanted to see something smooth.

Sure.

With that he got up from the table and walked over to the Starbuck's counter where he gave the young and cute barista his phone number.

Yup. Definitely 'Miah being 'Miah. LOL

By the time I brought 'Miah home and returned home myself, it was already midnight. However, with the latte from Starbuck's coursing through my blood system, I was hardly in any condition to hit the hay.

I went on the computer and caught up with my email and Yahoo groups. By the time I got to bed, it was 2:30 AM.

And it figures, the only time there's early morning construction on my road it happens to be following the only time that I had gone to bed very late.

I certainly did not appreciate being woken up to the sound of jack hammers across the street from me. And neither did Ariana.

We're both bears first thing in the morning, especially when we have been made to get up earlier than we wanted to.

No comments: