Monday, November 30, 2009

Big News

Today is my 3-month anniversary of arriving to Lubbock. And on this day I got offered the position of Therapeutic Assistant at the Therapeutic Learning Center.

It's simply amazing that I got a job here this fast. When I was in Massachusetts, I would be lucky if I was able to get one or two interviews in an entire year, let alone score an actual job.

(Speaking of interviews, I also have an interview for a Program and Activity Coordinator position with the Unitarian-Universalist Church this coming Thursday morning. It's a part-time position that would allow me to create my own schedule. Wouldn't it be great if I get that job too?!)

So today I went down to TLC to fill out the necessary paperwork, coordinate my training schedule (which starts tomorrow), and get my 2 uniform golf shirts (one black, one grey).

And after taking care of business at TLC, I went shopping for black scrub pants and wife-beaters to go underneath the uniform shirts (which have mesh inserts on the sides.)

Wow! I'm actually going to be working!

No comments: