Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just Outside the City Limits

Drive to outside the Lubbock city limits and you come upon a whole different world.

Gone are the buildings and any signs of human habitation.

All you see around you is flat desolation,

no matter where you turn.

360 degrees of flatness,

wide open space,

and big sky.

What's that speck in the middle of the field?

It's a prairie dog poking out of its burrow,

which looks something like this.

I was SO excited I that I finally got to see prairie dogs!

On my drive down to the steel house in Ransom Canyon, I passed fields that had hundreds of them everywhere.

They're cute little buggers that are somewhere halfway between a squirrel and a rabbit in size. And finally getting to see them for the first time put a big smile on my face.

No comments: