Monday, November 30, 2009

New Thing In Common

Today I was able to say that my sister Roma and I have one more thing in common.

Today I got Neil a handicapped placard. So now both my sister and I have husbands who have handicapped placards.

It'll be great to be able to find a decent parking space close to the door when I bring Neil for his doctors' appointments.

One time I had a hell of a hard time finding a parking space.

I had dropped Neil off at his orthopedic doctor's front door and had gone through the entire parking lot. On my second circuit of the lot, I was fortunate that I caught a car pulling out of a parking space.

If I hadn't been able to snag that space, I would have had to park in a different parking lot all together. And Neil would have been all that time on his crutches waiting for me.

So now we'll be able to get preferential rock star parking. Yay!

And I promise that I will only use that handicapped placard for business and not to find a good parking spot at the mall!

No comments: