Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

After touring through the steel house, I made my way down to the other side of the lake, to the little island where the Ranch House was located.

There was some nice art work there. But I am afraid that after that breath-taking experience of touring the steel house, anything else was anticlimactic.

As such, I was more interested in taking pix of what was outside the Ranch House than what was inside it.

I don't know which I liked more, the ducks or the pattern on the water.

The near shore had some lovely reflections on the water from the trees and the rushes growing in the water.

It's nice to know that even though I am in a land-locked area that is at least a 2 1/2-day's drive from an ocean, that there is still a lovely body of water nearby.

Even though it's nearly mid-November, the leaves on the trees are only now beginning to change color. You'll still find lots of green leaves on the trees.

Is that a dog or coyote footprint among the duck foot prints?

On one end of the lake there is this ornate Tuscan-style house.

And other the other side of the lake is the huge house that I saw from the steel house.

Speaking of which, there it is, a very teeny tiny speck in the near center of this pic.

Here's a closer view of it.

And here's a view of the stone house from across the lake.

You also get a nice view of the canyon cliffs.

The sun is starting to set, and it's time that I start heading back home.

No comments: