Saturday, April 28, 2007

Stuck In the Mud

Sometimes getting stuck in the mud is an unavoidable thing.

At times like that, I feel like shouting out, "Kick me please! Kick me in the butt now!"

This whole week has been one of laziness and avoidance.

Oh yeah, I was busy sitting on my belles fesses all week long in front of the computer. But doing what?

I should have been working on my business plan.

But, no.

Instead I was blasting off emails, reading and responding to posts on the two on-line groups that I belong to.

And I could not leave it at that.

Thanks to multiple tabs and the refresh button, I was bouncing back from site to site, commenting on whatever new post popped up.

Why was I doing this instead of maintaining my original intent to complete ~ and submit ~ my business plan and loan application by the end of this month?

I guess I am still dealing with the setback having learned that our tenuous financial situation is not going to be looked up favorably by those in power to make a decision on my small business loan application.

I am still trying to avoid focusing on the obvious outward appearances instead of the outcome I want. The outcome one focuses on is the outcome one will usually get. After all, that is what the Law of Attraction is all about. (Anybody who has seen or read The Secret will know what I am talking about.)

It makes sense.

As a human plopped down in a particular situation, all I can see is what is immediately around me.

It's like being shut inside a small room and not being aware of all the other rooms in the huge mansion. It's not being aware of the beautiful grounds surrounding the mansion. It's not being aware of the roads that take one from the mansion to many other amazing places.

I can only see the four walls around me.

I can only see my immediate situation.

But God, the Universe, or whatever you chose to call the Higher Power, can see much farther and beyond. God can see the infinite possibilities that I cannot.

The key is to have faith that those infinite possibilities do exist ~ just like I have the faith that in one month from now all the trees and shrubs will be covered with green leaves. The weather that I have been waiting for will be here.

It is not up to me to figure out how God is going to bring these infinite possibilities to me. My job is to believe and then get out of my own way when these possibilities finally do cross my path.

No comments: