Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Blank Slate

Our move to Texas represents a blank slate in more ways than one.

After several years of difficulties and major setbacks in Massachusetts, moving to Texas is an opportunity to start our lives anew. And our new apartment is a blank slate awaiting transformation from an empty white box into a home.

This wide open space is the living room.

Here's another view of the living room.

Just outside the sliding glass doors is this patio. It is a bit small, but a couple of chairs may fit nicely.

The living room extends out into a dining area by the far wall.

To the left of the dining area is the kitchen. Where am I going to fit all my pots and pans and cooking stuff?!

And to the left of the dining area is the hallway that goes to the bathroom and 2 bedrooms. My old house did not have any hallways, so I am glad to have one here.

The door on the left leads to the bathroom.

And across from the bathroom is the entrance to Ariana's bedroom.

This is Ariana's bedroom.

Here's another view of Ariana's bedroom.

At the very end of the hallway is the master bedroom.

This is the master bedroom looking from the other side.

It has a big walk-in closet and its own bathroom.

Right now, the apartment is a series of wide open spaces. But it won't be that for too long.

Upon setting foot into the apartment, major alarm set in. When I saw this tiny sardine can of an apartment, my first thought was: "Oh my God! Where is everything going to fit?!"

I don't think that my family quite grasped the extent of my panic and alarm. After all, they did not see the total number of packed boxes back east and the great space they occupied.

It was an anxious week and a half waiting for the movers to arrive.

No comments: