Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wrapping Up Day 1

After visiting Gypsy and Gomez at S.P.A.R.R.O., I returned to the motel and waited for Joe and Barb to pick me up and take me out to dinner.

We went to this family restaurant that served good ribs. (I'm a sucker for ribs.)

While the food was good, the place was noisy. The air was shrill with the screeching and screaming of little kids. One in particular was extremely loud and persistent, and the 3 of us were very grateful when that family finally finished and left.

I was so dead on my feet that I felt that I could have passed out right in my food.

I wish that I could have stayed longer to chat with Joe and Barb, especially since they seemed like such nice people. And I wish that I could have been better company. But all I could think of was getting back to the motel room and going to bed.

Because I could not finish my food, I had Joe and Barb take my left overs back so that they could use them to entice Gypsy and Gomez to eat.

When they dropped me off, I decided to pull put the cat carrier from the back of my car. No way was I going to endure another day of travel with Callee Kitten yowling up a storm in the crate. Plus, I wanted to have better visibility out of my passenger window. (And taking out the cat carrier gave me better visibility in the back as well.)

I was going to collapse the animal crate and place it on the passenger seat. And I was going to place the cat carrier on top of that. There was going to be plenty of room left to place a blanket on it and have Emi ride on top of the blanket.

Because I was so tired, I thought that I would fall asleep right away. But that wasn't so. I set my alarm for 4:00 AM and waited to fall asleep. But sleep did not come to me. I was SO over-tired that I could not fall asleep. As I lay in my motel bed, trying to sleep, I could feel the sensation of the road in my body.

It also did not help that Callee was very vocal in showing her dissatisfaction of being in the animal crate. Plus the walls of the motel room were so paper thin that Emi would get startled whenever she heard the beep of all the other motel room room doors being unlocked. That would make her jump in my bed, as would hearing the doors slam.

I was feeling really wretched and very concerned that I could not fall asleep. And because I was feeling so terrible, I was greatly concerned ~ actually afraid ~ that I would still feel that awful the next day and that my feeling that horribly would cause me to get into an accident while I drove.

I must have dropped off to sleep sometime during the night because I found myself waking up the sound of very loud yowling in the crate.

At first I put the bed quilt over the crate. But I removed it because I was concerned that Callee would get too hot under the all those heavy covers.

Then I wound up putting her in the bathroom and closing the door. It helped a little in keeping the noise down, but not by much.

Finally I was able to fall asleep.

No comments: