Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feline Fashion Modified

Well, it seems as though it did not take Attila all that long to figure out that he could still go to the bathroom while wearing his new fancy pants.

That discovery was made yesterday morning, when I saw that the pillow case on the bathroom sink was wet. Not only that, it smelled of cat pee.

Checking the guilty one's diaper, I noticed that the panty shield in it was stained yellow, and the fancy pants smelled so badly that I had to throw them in the wash and throw that damn cat outside.

Once clean and dry, I had to figure out a way to modify those fancy pants so that Attila would not be encouraged to pee where he was not supposed to.

The obvious modification should have been to the tail hole, which was more than large enough to accommodate a soda can. And it was certainly large enough to leave the offending anatomy exposed.

After all, these fancy pants were not exactly designed for male cats. They were designed for female dogs in heat, whose anatomy is much lower than that ofmisbehaving male cats.

OK. The plan was to make the tail hole smaller so that Attila's sprinkler system would remain covered.

Because all my fabric has been either packed away or given away, I had to come up with another way of making the tail hole smaller. Well, the answer to that question was found at the end of my crochet hook.

Ariana and I both chose hot pink yarn for the job. Sure, that's not an especially dignified color for a cool male cat like Attila. But he's been such a naughty cat that it was decided that he will be having to pay his penance in pink.

The new tail hole insert was a perfect fit.

But I tell you, I could not help but laugh when I saw Attila trotting across the living room floor with what looked like a section of a bright pink tennis ball stuck under his tail. I laughed so hard that I practically needed a pair of fancy pants for myself.

Well, the new tail insert did the trick.

This morning I discovered that Attila did indeed do to the bathroom in his pants ~ both Number 1 and Number 2.

It's like having a baby all over again.

No comments: