Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Back

For all of you who have been wondering why I have been remiss in my blogging, here's the scoop:

This has been a somewhat challenging winter, healthwise. For someone who very rarely gets sick, I got sick not once, but twice, this past winter. And both times have left me bed-ridden for a good part of the week.

Last week was the worse of the two. I woke up that Monday morning with a sore throat and aching muscles. Despite my discomfort, I made myself do some housework, and actually managed to get all my tasks, except vacuuming the floors, done before noon.

However, as the day progressed, I found myself feeling more wretched.

The next day, I actually had a high fever, which is even more rare for me than getting sick. The fever persisted for 3 1/2 days.

Not getting high fevers very often, I am unaccustomed to to their effects. Common sense would tell me that having a high fever would be the perfect inducement for sleep.

It's not.

I found it frustratingly difficult to fall asleep. That, coupled with with being too wiped out to read, made for long days. It was agonizingly boring just lying in bed, watching and feeling the countless minutes inexorably roll by.

My fever, which topped off at 102.7 finally broke last Thursday night or early Friday morning.

Even though my fever broke, I was still not out of the woods, for I had several days worth of dizziness and light-headedness.

All that finally left me sometime in the middle of this week. Except for constantly coughing up gunk, I am feeling a lot better ~ so much better that I spent the good part of this morning meticulously vacuuming out the accumulated and packed dirt that's been trapped in the floor boards downstairs.

Finally, I am able to resume writing.

No comments: