Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Bit Mellow Today

Today I was not able to get much done.

In fact, I was feeling rather tired, and my arms felt as though the strength drained out of them.

(Gee! I hope it wasn't the mushrooms.)

I only had the strength to wash my bed linens, make the bed, and sort through Ariana's clothes into piles for her to decide their fate ~ go into storage, get packed, get tossed, or get sold.

After Ariana did that task, I simply did not have it in me to follow through and put her clothing either into storage or packed in a Texas-bound box.

Instead, I went on the laptop to play some Mah Jong.

But after awhile, I could not keep my eyes open.

I was far too beat to even make it up the stairs to my bed.

Instead, I curled up on the couch with the dogs, pulling the dog-scented blankets (which definitely need to be washed!) around me.

I even fell asleep and had a dream that I can no longer remember.

In about half an hour I was refreshed.

However, I think I will wait for another time before continuing with my task of storing or packing Ariana's clothes.

At this time of day, I have no more desire or inclination to do work.

And this time I better make sure that I get to bed at a decent time. After all, I need to get up early enough tomorrow morning to start cooking a dish or two to bring to Carol's condo for her much-anticipated Thanksgiving feast.

No comments: