Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Worn Really Thin

Just when I thought that I could not get any more pissed off with the squatters, I found yet another thing to send my temper through the roof.

Yesterday morning brought another one of those infuriating morning discoveries.

After starting the dishwasher, I was going to make myself a cup of coffee. In doing so, I noticed a wet mess on the stove top. At first I thought it was Attila using the stove for a litter box. But this stuff was sticky and sweet-smelling ~ definitely not cat piss.

Already I was getting annoyed at having to clean up the mess ~ after I told people over and over again to clean up any messes that they made.

After cleaning up the mess, I noticed some liquid in the burner pan. So I took that out and quickly threw it in the dishwasher.

That meant that I was going to have to use the smaller front burner to heat up the kettle of water. And that was when I made my discovery. The small burner had a hole burned in it, as though someone took a blow torch to it.

I was livid. And I made my anger known by getting very loud and putting up a sign on the stove that no one is to use the stove, or any appliances because too many things have gotten damaged.

Ariana came home shortly afterwards from spending the night at Richie's sister's apartment. She saw the sign and I showed her the burner. She was shocked and pissed off as I was.

Danny and Jessica tried to pass the blame onto Nick, saying that he was the last one to use the stove.

Yes, Nick was the last one to use the stove. But I watched him cook and saw that he was using the big burner, not the small one.

Later I found out that when Danny and Jessica were cooking earlier in the week, the burner popped.

OK, the damaged burner could have been an honest malfunction. But the question was, if it was indeed an honest malfunction, why didn't they tell me about it? Why did they cover up the fact that the burner was damaged?

And if they concealed and didn't own up to the damaged burner, what other surprises was I going to find?

As such, Jessica and Danny were told they must leave. I wasn't going to wait until Friday. They had shit on my kindness and hospitality too much for me to allow them any more generosity.

They had planned ~ had hoped ~ on leaving by 10:00 PM last night.

Never happened.

No comments: