Saturday, November 29, 2008

Making Up for Lost Time

Whereas yesterday I remained pretty much in a semi-vegetative state, today was a different story.

First thing this morning, after I had my coffee, read the paper, and taken my shower, I got to task to putting Ariana's clothing either in the storage bin or in the box to be packed.

After that, I packed a second box with our coats and a third box with my boots, shoes, and handbags.

The next project in line was to clear off a wall of shelves in the library. But because that was going to involve my having to wrestle with a heavy-duty clothes rack by bringing it downstairs, I was going to wait until after Father Stan called me to go over tomorrow's Advent Bible study presentation.

Sure enough, Father Stan was prompt in his call. We briefly went over the lesson plan, deciding that it would be better if we met at church early tomorrow morning in order to go over the lesson face-to-face.

After the call, Ariana asked if I would take her and Ritchie out to the diner for breakfast.

Sure. What not? The diner is a great place ~ cheap and good food.

After breakfast, I proceeded upstairs to wrestle with the clothes rack. Apparently, I had to separate the clothes rack into 2 pieces in order to get it downstairs.

Once it was downstairs, I placed on it all the clothes that I was planning to sell at our huge indoor yard sale.

With the wall shelves finally being cleared off, I cleaned the dust off them, and then proceeded placing the books of Neil's ginormous vintage fantasy, sci-fi, and action-adventure collection.

There must have easily been 600 books!

On the top shelf went his old Star Wars and other spacy model kits.

It was slow work. And the books were so dusty that the dust was tickling my sinuses and making me sneeze.

After that was done, I cleaned off another set of shelves and hauled 4 boxes of Neil's books from the workout room to place on those now-cleaned shelves. In addition to Neil's books, there were also some that were mine.

In addition, I brought out to the garbage bag pile in the dog yard 4 more garbage bags, a section of hardware cloth, an old toilet tank that I got from church, and a box of broken glass and crockery that was lying on the dog yard deck.

2 long textile tubes went out on the front porch to be taken out to the curb for the Monday morning garbage pick-up.

By now, I decided to call it a day.

For the coming week I will focus on my studio. There are lots that need to be tossed and packed in that room.

No comments: