Monday, December 1, 2008

More Work Today

As I had intended, today I worked on my studio ~ doing cleaning, culling, and packing.

One of the more unusual cleaning discoveries was a checkbook belonging to one of Nicholas's foster relatives. I found it by my computer, underneath the debris. How in the hell did he wind up with this woman's checkbook?

As such, I wrote a brief note to Mona and put the checkbook in the mail. I know that if that were me, I would have been anxious to get the checkbook back.

While I worked in my studio, Ariana worked on collecting all her clothing from upstairs. She brought down several bags, all of which went into the wash. The last load is in the dryer now.

After all those clothes are washed and sorted, Ariana will have to go through them and decide which ones to pack, sell, or store.

I wound up filling about 5 or 6 bags of garbage and packed 6 of 7 boxes.

I stuck 2 boxes together so that I could have a box long enough to pack my metal detector. And when Ariana decides which clothes to pack, I will use those clothes as padding and packing material around the metal detector.

'Miah came over today and did some work out in the yard, cleaning up by the jungle gym/play house that Neil made for Ariana many, many years ago.

I told him that I will also need to have the front of the house tidied up so that it would look good from the street.

Ritchie's sister. Angie, came over. Because she is a fledgling Wiccan, I gave her all my old Wiccan stuff ~ Craft tools, books, incense, charcoals, candles and a candle snuffer, Tarot decks, divination decks, etc. In doing that, I cleared out 4 more boxes of stuff.

Let me tell you this ~ there is a noticeable difference in the house ever since I started my cleaning, culling, and packing mission!

There is more floor space in the studio. Great! I will need that extra space for when I bring in, from the garage, Ariana's old crib, the antique iron bed frame, and our bicycles.

(However, I am contemplating in bringing one bike with us to Lubbock. Who knows? Maybe I'll be inspired to ride my bike again.)

Tomorrow, I will continue with the studio, and perhaps move on to culling and packing the stuff that I stored in my bedroom after my studio was gutted from when the pipes burst in the ceiling.

I already told 'Miah to let his mother know that I'll be needing more boxes. I've already filled up most the boxes that she brought me from where she works at Roger Williams Hospital in Providence.

God! I am feeling SO good about how this is all coming together.

No comments: