Wednesday, December 3, 2008

And the Blitz Goes On

Another day of culling and packing.

Ariana finally went through all the clothes that I washed yesterday, and divided them into 3 piles ~ to be sold, to be packed, and to be stored.

Once Ariana had the clothes into 3 piles, I had her and Richie bring down the second heavy-duty clothes rack, because just one clothes rack would have not had room to hold all those clothes.

As I was hanging up the clothes, I was organizing them into sections ~ dresses, jeans, other pants, skirts, tee shirts, sweaters. Well you get the idea.

Ariana also had a lot of clothing to pack. And a good many of her clothes served as packing around my metal detector.

The rest of her clothes went into another box, serving as packing for odd, assorted miscellaneous items.

I packed another box downstairs, and yet another one upstairs.

Once the boxes were packed, I arranged them against the wall, both in my studio and the room at the top of the stairs.

The final act was to bring down the plastic storage drawer thingie on wheels from my bedroom, the small roll-top desk from the room at the top of the stairs.

I also needed to bring down the funky retro cabinet from the room at the top of the stairs. But I had enough of hauling and dragging things down the stairs. So I enlisted some muscle for that task.

Since 'Miah was here, I volunteered him for the task of bringing downstairs that funky retro cabinet.

'Miah had been here doing some work around the house.

He patched up most of the holes on the front porch.

And I had him fix the step on the stairway that got broken.

In the meantime, I got a call for the Neil's weight-lift set. The fellow was a science teacher at the alternative school in New Bedford. He couldn't make it down today. But he'll see if he can come down tomorrow.

It'll be nice if I could get that sold and out of the workout room before the gigunda moving sale. That way I'll have more floor space for other stuff to sell, such as the stuff that's been sitting in the garage.

Now I have to figure out what I'll be working on tomorrow. Perhaps going through stuff in my room. Who knows?

No comments: