Monday, December 15, 2008

Do Not Call This House Again!

It is morning, and this is not my usual time for blogging. Usually I wait until evening, when my work for the day has been done.

So why the change in routine?

Last night I was annoyed for the final time by one of my former squatters whom I had to evict.

Jessica has been making incessant calls to this house, regardless of the time of day ~ or even time of night.

Last night was not the first time that she called the house at an ungodly hour.

(She calls to talk to Richie.)

First late call was a couple of nights ago, at 11:30 PM. I was just about getting ready to go to sleep.

Seeing that it was her number on the Caller ID and that the phone line was in use, I picked up the phone and yelled, "Don't you ever call this house this late again!"

Apparently, the message didn't sink in, for last night Jessica called not once, but twice, waking me up both times.

One call was at 10 minutes before 1:00 AM. And the other was at around nearly 2:30 AM.

Both times I picked up the phone to yell at this grossly ignorant and inconsiderate bitch. With the second call, I threatened to do something about it.

And that's what I did early this morning, shortly after I got up.

I found the Comcast Digital Voice instructions.

Apparently Call Screening, which is a call blocking service, was part of my digital phone service package. And unlike other phone service carriers, this service was for free at Comcast.

So Jessica's number has been added to the list. No more will I be getting annoying calls from her number.

And should she try calling from another number, that number, too, will be added to the list.

Listen, I'm 50 now. I've gotten to the point where I no longer have patience for inconsiderate people and people who abuse my good nature and hospitality.

And I have gotten fewer reservations about asserting my claim to certain unalienable rights ~ like the right to a decent rest and a good night's sleep.

No comments: