Thursday, December 18, 2008

Not a Day for the Whip

The whip didn't get much use today.

I had a mid-day appointment, which I nearly missed last time I got so involved in my cleaning, culling, and packing. This time, wanting to avoid the same thing, I did not allow myself to get involved in activities that would distract me from my appointment.

But I did get something done.

I took out all the garbage bags, the old office tables, and other miscellaneous trash, and put everything in the dumpster. Buy the time Richie woke up, I was all done.

Richie did a bit of work on Ryan's room. He even told Big Tits, when she called to asked him to hang out, that he could not go ~ that he had to work.

Ariana would have helped, but she had gone with Barbara and 'Miah to Brockton, where 'Miah's brother was due in court. It was a very long day for the 3 of them.

After my appointment, I went on a mission to look for a desk calendar. Not wanting to drive beyond the Tri-Town area, it pretty much became a "Mission: Impossible."

I finally had to expand my search to Wareham, where I found a decent desk calendar in Border's.

I spent part of the day filling out two 2009 calendars ~ one for my bag and one for by the phone.

Another thing that I did was put 3 ads on craigslist ~ for Neil's weight-lifting set, his trampoline, and the 5-foot drafting table. Hopefully I'll have better luck selling the stuff on craigslist than I did through the paper.

And at least craigslist is free, and the ads run for 30 days.

Ariana got a mystery prison letter today. It was from Nick. Apparently he got sent to prison for assault and battery charges. That was unfortunate, especially since Nick was trying very hard to turn his life around.

But in a way, it was also a good thing in that he no longer had to worry about being homeless. At least now he has a roof over his head and food in his stomach.

It's supposed to snow heavily tomorrow. It'll definitely be a good day to crack the whip, especially if we get lots of snow that needs to be shovelled.

No comments: