Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Leaden Winter Laziness

Today was not a day for accomplishing

It was a dreary, heavy day that brought to mind the first line of Cream's "Tales of Brave Ulysses":

You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, . . .

From the moment I woke up, I was exhausted, not being able to summon in the least even the slightest shred of energy or motivation to do any work.

It rained this morning, with snow being mixed in with the rain.

And after the precipitation stopped, the sky remained leaden grey, and the atmosphere felt so heavy and oppressive that I wound up having no choice but to take a nap.

And even after I woke up, I still had no energy to do anything.

The sky was still heavy. And all I could do was sit in the dark with the laptop on my lap, trying to win Mah Jong.

Even that got too be too much, and I lay down on the couch to sleep with the dogs until it was time to bring Ariana to school for her to pick up her art portfolio and her final grade for the semester.

All of us were thus affected today. And how could I make Ariana and Richie work when I myself was too beat to move?

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a new infusion of energy.

No comments: