Friday, December 5, 2008

Not As Manic Today

Today was a "chill" day ~ mainly because I did not have a large block of hours in which to work.

Ariana and I had breakfast at the diner this morning, before heading off to school.

While she did her usual school and social stuff, I went off to the Cyber Cafe to do my usual scrumbling away.

Today I joined 3 scrumbles to the mass that I had been crocheting. It's looking pretty wild.

After school, I was thinking of going to Home Depot to get some thin sections of wood ~ like panelling ~ to make signs for the up-coming gigunda moving sale, which is a weekend away. (Yikes!)

I had also wanted to go to the bank to deposit a small check, and go to Shaw's to get a jug of milk and a bottle of soda.

But let's face it, neither one of us was up to running a whole bunch of errands.

Ariana said that there was a whole bunch of wood on the landing leading up to the chill room and that 'Miah could cut those pieces to size.

Oh yes, I remember that wood. The wood used to be shelves in the storage room. It's a bit thick for the purpose I had in mind, but it's free.

I would just have to have 'Miah drill a couple of pilot holes so that I could nail those thick boards to the telephone poles along the route to our house.

Also, we didn't feel like stopping in Fairhaven to run the other errands.

I figured that I would deposit the check next Tuesday, on my way back from dropping off Ariana at school.

And we would just swing by Tedeschi's to get the milk and soda.

While we were in the area, I would stop at the packie and get myself a big box of wino.

I do wish that the packie would have big boxes of red wine, because that would be the cheapest red wine option. Unfortunately, their big wine box selection were dismal. I had a choice of a couple of whites and a couple of blushes.

I decided to take my chances on a blush Chablis.

As soon as we got home, I called Pat from church and left her a message that I will not be at the food pantry tomorrow morning. With the moving sale only a weekend away, I needed all the hours I could get to go through the house.

After making that call we had only an hour before Ariana had to bag up the snake and bring her to the vet for a re-check.

During that time, I worked on going through the rest of the stuff in my bedroom.

I packed another box, filled up another garbage bag, and got 2 more boxes of stuff that needs to be sold. Also, I cleaned out the mini cubby closet that was buy my bedroom door.

Now it was time to take the snake to the vet.

Bao the boa went in easily into her sack. But after she was bagged, she all of a sudden became a very ornery snake.

She's been ornery all week, not allowing Ariana to give her an antibiotic injection. It was only today that her mood improved, seeing that she had just recently shed.

Ariana was concerned that there would be difficulty with having the snake examined, and was all set to reschedule the appointment. However, I told her to let the vet decide if the snake could be handled.

Actually, Bao was very good for Dr. Jill. With Jenn's assistance, Dr. Jill was able to complete the examination, and even give Bao a shot of Baytril.

Bao was doing better. She still had some wheezing, but her breathing passages were free of obstruction. Not snake snot whatsoever.

While checking out, I ran into Ruth Smiler, who ran Manners for Life, her dog training service.

Ruth and I caught up on some animal gossip. And I was very pleased to hear that the evil manager at the animal shelter (which shall remain nameless) was not longer there.

Apparently people had complained about how this individual interacted with them.

(She certainly did not do right by me ~ turning the board of directors against me so that he daughter could have my job.)

Good! It was about time she moved on. The shelter certainly didn't need to have a toxic person like her working for them.

Let's hope that whoever replaced her not only had a heart for animals, but also a respect and appreciation for the shelter's hard-working and dedicated staff, as well as respect for the public who came into the shelter looking to adopt a pet or looking for help.

While Ruth and I were chatting, Ariana was getting more and more impatient. But it was not Ariana's impatience that I gave into. I realized that the air was much too cold for a snake, especially a sick snake.

So we had to hurry and bring Bao back to the tropical warmth of her tank.

When we got home, there was a message on the machine. Someone was interested in the stepper/climber machine.

So tomorrow morning, Donald and his wife will be coming over to check out the machine.

Good thing I did cancel going to the food pantry.

By now it was past 4 o'clock. It was too late in the day to start on a major cleaning blitz. But it was still too early to call it quits for the day.

So, after letting the dogs in and giving them and Big Fat Stevie an early supper, I worked on tidying up the top of the dog crate.

The stuff that I was going to pack up I put on top of the filing cabinets. Most of the stuff I threw away. And I packed up a box of old photographs and some odd high school memorabilia.

I cleaned out the hay remnants from the rat tank that was on top of the dog crate.

Next, I attacked the US Postal Service mail bucket that was sitting on the low table next to the dog crate.

God! I couldn't believe all the junk that was in the bucket! It was mostly all paper ~ a ton of old church bulletins.

It seemed that whenever I cleaned out my pocketbook, I would put all the church bulletins and paper from my bag into that bin.

However, the bin also contained some surprises.

I found my woolen fingerless gloves, as well as my pair of purple knit gloves with the teal colored grippy bumps on the palms, and my red wool hat.

And then I found something totally unexpected ~ a knit hat made from that funky recycled silk yarn. I totally forgot that I had such a hat.

I put the hat on the coat peg on the door leading to the kitchen. And the hat may actually be shared from being deconstructed.

When I had finished with the mail bin, I thought that what would be a good stopping point for the day.

I made myself something to eat. And right now I am waiting for Barbara, 'Miah's mother, to arrive with a load of boxes from Roger Williams Hospital.

Tomorrow, perhaps, I may go through the living room closet and cubby. I want to get the closet all cleared out so that I will be able to use it to hide the stuff that could tempt folks when I have my big moving sale next weekend.

No comments: