Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another Burning Blitz

This has been a very productive day.

Just before 9:00 AM, Donald and Maria came over to check out the stepper/climber exercise machine. It was a little rough on their knees, so they passed on the machine.

Oh well.

After they left, I started my cleaning, culling, and packing.

Today's project was the living room.

I cleaned out the living room closet, the living room cubby, and the chest of drawers in the ~ you guessed it ~ the living room.

I filled 3 garbage bags and packed 4 boxes. One box was a double box. That was the only way I could get my
inkle loom to fit.

Also, I took all our personal stuff, that was left out in the open, and neatly put away everything in the closet and the cubby.

That way, when people come through the house, they will not be tempted to take anything that was not meant to be sold.

After all, I would not want people walking off w/our laptops and my Nikon camera.

The room looks a lot more open now.


And tell you, the closet and the cubby never looked better! I don't think that I had ever seem them this neat and organized.

In addition, I went through the little filing cabinet, tossing out the papers that I now longer needed, and re-living old memories that I had totally forgotten.

As I look around the living room, I see things that I had neglected to pack. But that's OK. I'll get them the next time around.

However, I did pack away the amber Madonna, St. Sally Exorcising the Furnace Demons, the Shaman Soul Warrior, and 2 of Ariana's framed water colors that she did at least 10 year ago.

The area that was cleaned off on top of the dog crate is now filled with a whole bunch of stuff that will need to be sold.

I also nagged Ariana into doing some cleaning.

She managed to clear away some space in the storage room upstairs. Now I'll be able to get in there to do a major round of cleaning, culling, and packing.

Maybe I'll even find Neil's lost cross-country skis.

In the meantime, Ariana discovered 2 HUGE bags filled with clothing that she had totally forgotten about.

Because there was a strong smell of mildew coming from those bags, I was looking at 3 loads of laundry.

So later on, Ariana will once more have to go through more piles of clothing and decide what stays, what gets packed, and what gets sold.

Towards the end of the afternoon, Carol took Ariana and me to get subs at the new sandwich shop just a little way down the road.

Unfortunately, the shop was closed, and the owner was just pulling out of the lot.

So, we went to Subway in the Wal-Mart in Fairhaven. That was good for Carol, because she needed to get a child's Christmas present to put under the Christmas tree at her church.

In addition to treating us to subs, Carol was also nice enough to get me a box of gloves, especially since Ariana and I used up the last 2 pairs in our cleaning today.

Tomorrow is Sunday ~ church day. So I do not think that I will get much cleaning done. I usually don't on Sunday.

I think Monday will be a good day to start on the storage room upstairs. The storage room is sort of like what the workout room used to be, but on a much smaller and more compact scale.

Right now, I am looking forward to having this house cleared by the end of next weekend.

So what if a lot of the furniture may be gone. I'll have all those packed boxes that I could rest things on top of.

No comments: