Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Madness

It was a mad and manic Monday with all the cleaning, culling, and packing that I did today.

Remaining true to plan, I worked on the storage room today.

About a dozen boxes were packed, and countless garbage bags were filled. I don't know how many; I lost count after 20 bags.

Richie, Ariana, and 'Miah brought the bags, which were accumulating on the landing leading to the chill room, outside behind the house.

I could not believe how much stuff I had to throw out. A lot of it had water damage from the leaking roof.

There were boxes that I could not pull apart and books whose pages were stuck together so badly that I had no choice but to throw them into the garbage.

A few books, which were still worth saving, had been placed in another ~ more safe area ~ to dry out.

Once I moved the stuff off the floor and onto the now bare shelves, I noticed large dark patches of mold on the floor.

While cleaning, I did not realize that I had injured myself in the process. I just happened to look at my hands, and noticed a whole bunch of blood pooling underneath one of my gloves.

It was a cut to the knuckle. Not a deep cut, but still deep enough to make it bleed and then make it sting while I washed out the wound.

At around 4 o'clock, Barbara and 'Miah came over. By then, I had one whole section of the storage area cleaned out. The other section was waiting for Ariana to go through her stuff.

Barbara had brought 2 of her dogs ~ sweet Daisy, the 4 1/2 pound teacup Chihuahua, and Rocky, the adorable pug.

While visiting with Barbara, I worked on the signs that I will post on the telephone poles this coming Thursday.

5 signs were already completed. Another 7 to go.

Even with all the physical activity, today was a challenging day to keep warm.

It was bitterly cold outside. I could not believe that 'Miah was nuts enough to attempt to ride Ariana's bike home.

(He made it half way ~ to Cumby's in Marion ~ when he called to ask if his mother had already left the house. She had. I guess 'Miah was looking to complete the rest of his trip home in a warm and enclosed vehicle.)

The temperature outside was in the teens. Inside, on the first floor, it hovered just below 60 degrees.

Upstairs was much warmer. But still I needed to keep on a sweat shirt as I cleaned.

However, Ariana's room, with all the snake heat lamps, was nice and toasty. It felt good going through her room to get to the storage area.

But when I worked downstairs on my signs, while visiting with Barbara, I was freezing cold. I had to put on another sweat shirt.

My hands were so cold that I also had to put on my woolen fingerless gloves. Good thing I found them while cleaning last week.

Tomorrow the plan is to work in the chill room or the other end of the second floor. Maybe both.

I will have to reschedule Ariana's Wednesday doctor's appointment because I am going to need all the time I could get in order to get this house ready for the gigunda moving sale this weekend.

It's getting down to the wire, and I wonder if I am going to be able to fully meet my deadline.

No comments: