Friday, January 16, 2009

Arctic Blast

As predicted, I spent most of the day upstairs. Today's weather was very frigid. And given a choice, I found it much more preferable to stay upstairs, where 2 layers of clothing was sufficient, as opposed to downstairs, where I needed 5 to 6 layers of clothing, along with a hat, scarf, and fingerless gloves.

The day started out with Carol taking Ariana and me out to breakfast.

After breakfast, we stopped at the bank so that I could deposit 2 small checks.

Then we went to Denise's Pet Supply, where I needed to get a sack of kitty litter and a large bag of dog food.

Finally homeward bound.

Carol was impressed with how nicely the house has been shaping up.

It's almost a shame to see this house finally looking nice, knowing that we're not going to be here all that long to enjoy this nice new appearance.

After Carol left, both Ariana and I high-tailed it to much warmer climes upstairs.

Ariana played PoxNora while I worked on Carol's afghan.

After awhile, between a full belly and the comforting heat, I was getting a bit sleepy. So I settled down for a nap.

When I woke up, it was close to critter feeding time.

Bracing myself for the Siberian blast downstairs, I made gathered my extra layers and made my way down in order to feed the animals as well as feed myself.

The yoghurts that I had after eating my leftover chili and cheddar omelet made me feel freezing. There I was, sitting at the kitchen table, reading this week's issue of The Wanderer, bundled up with 2 hoods over my head, their draw strings drawn tight.

Enough of this torture! Time to go back upstairs.

After tonight, the weather is supposed to warm up slightly. And we're expected to get more snow.

I am SO not enjoying this winter.

I am not penguin or a polar bear.

And I do not enjoy wrapping myself in multiple layers, to the point where I can barely move, just so I could stay warm downstairs.

Cold temperatures belong outside.

No comments: