Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Change In Plans

Well, I didn't get to painting the living today after all, as gung ho as I was about it.

The morning started off with an ice storm that changed over into rain.

Ariana and I went to the bank to cash a check. Then we drove to the North Dartmouth Mall to get a memory card and a couple of used games for the Play Station 2 that Neil got her for Christmas.

We stopped at Panera's to get some soup and sandwiches.

The plan had been to go to BJ's to get gas, to Lowe's to look for faucets, and then to the snake store to get snake food (2 mice and a medium rat).

But after lunch, we were both out of it.

Plus Ariana had stepped in a puddle upon getting out of the car, and she was very uncomfortable schlepping around with wet feet. Can't say that I blame her.

So we went home, picking up Jeremiah along the way.

I was really exhausted by then. The rain can often do that to me. And for the past 3 weeks, since I've had the dumpster, we've been having more crappy days than nice days.

Not wanting to succumb to exhaustion, I started masking off the edges in the living room. I figured that once I started working that I would catch my second wind.


Wrong!

I was practically falling asleep on my feet while taping.

In the meantime, Jeremiah was working in the garage. But I don't know how far he got because after taping off 3/4 of the room, I decided that I was in need of a nap.

Two hours later, I was back downstairs to finish up the taping.

By then, Jeremiah and Ariana's friend Caleb were working out in the workout room.

I popped in the oven a frozen chicken Alfredo dish, and went back to taping.

The job was done. But by then it was nearly 5 o'clock ~ time to feed the dogs and Big Fat Stevie. No way was I going to start painting now. Save that for tomorrow.

Maybe later we'll watch Sweeney Todd. Not really the type of movie I have in mind. But hell, it has Johnny Depp in it. So maybe I'll enjoy it after all.

Anyhow, with all the rain ~ occasionally torrential ~ that we've had today no "For Sale" sign appeared in front of the house.

God! I hate this rainy, crappy weather. It'll be so nice to finally move to a place where there are more sunny days than rainy, crappy days.

No comments: