Monday, January 12, 2009

Break's Over ~ Back to Work

Not much got accomplished this past weekend.

Early Saturday morning, Ariana and I visited Nick in prison. His spirits were much improved.

The day was bright. There was nothing to indicate that we were going to get snow later that night.

On the way back, we called Roma to see how Tony was making out with his freshly broken arm. In fact while we were on the phone, the hospital beeped in to let Roma know that Tony was being discharged and for her to pick him up.

When we got home, Ariana went straight to bed because she did not get much sleep from the night before. I settled down to removing the masking tape from the edges of the living room walls.

It wasn't easy removing the tape. I had to get a sharp knife so that I could cut through the thick layer of paint.

I discovered that there were areas where the masking tape did not adhere too well to the woodwork. As such, some paint seeped under the tape and onto the woodwork.

Oh well. I wasn't going to sweat it.

I was rather tired when I started removing the tape. I was hoping that with my working that I would have gotten my second wind.

No such way.

I was falling asleep on my feet.

So after I was done with removing the masking tape, I was all set to take a nap myself.

Even after I awoke, I still was not in any mood for cleaning. And I was praying that Barbara was not going to come over for another one of her legendary clean fests.

Barbara did come over. But it was for a social visit. Thank God.

We did not get the 6 to 12 inches of snow that were predicted. Looking out the window in the morning I saw that the street was already cleared of snow.

Guess I was going to go to church after all.

Ariana came with me because Good Shepherd was going to be celebrating Father Stan's 80th birthday after the service. Being fond of Father Stan, Ariana did not want to miss the festivities.

After church, we had some "free money" to spend.

We had $13.50 in CVS bucks and $56.50 in Staples rewards.

The CVS buck were spent on make-up. And the Staples rewards were used to pay for part of an audio system for Ariana's iTouch ~ another early birthday present.

Then we did grocery shopping at Shaw's. And after that we went home.

Once home, and after the groceries were put away, I did my usual Sunday afternoon task ~ dole out the meds for the rest of the week. Then I went on to read the Providence and Boston papers.

However, just before I got to finish the Providence paper, I once again was feeling a strong urge to take a nap. So off to bed I went.

At 5:00 PM, the phone rang. It was Ariana. She was at Barbara's house. Carol had given her a ride. Now I had to go and pick her up.

I spent a little bit of time at Barbara's, drinking my soda and playing with her dogs, especially little 4 1/2 pound Daisy, and a somewhat bigger Ebony.

After I finished with my soda, we went home. I wanted to call Neil before he went to bed. Also, I had to finish the Providence paper and then start on the Boston paper.

There was going to be no blogging for me that night.

Today was very different in tone from Saturday and Sunday. Today we finally had to buckle down and get some work done, especially since the group of realtors was scheduled to come tomorrow morning.

But first we went and had breakfast with Carol to the Court Yard Restaurant in Fairhaven.

After, breakfast, I once again began to notice the familiar feeling of sleepiness. (It was that damn overcast weather again.) So both Ariana and I went to take naps.

But our napping was short-lived. For not even an hour later, Barbara showed up for a major cleaning blitz.

She and Ariana took the kitchen while I worked on the living room. There were a lot of paint spots to clean up off the floor and the brick work in front of the fire place.

It seemed as though it took forever to clean the floor. There was more paint on the floor than I originally realized.

Also, I cleaned out Ryan's rat's cage, as it was smelling rather rank.

I packed up Ariana's art work and signs. That took 2 boxes.

I brought out a garbage bag that Ariana had filled up from when she cleaned out her snakes' tanks. And while I was outside, I was going to bring in the cat and painted rabbit lawn ornaments.

The cat came easily loose from the now. But I couldn't say the same about the bunny rabbit.

I grabbed one of the rabbit's ears, and it came loose in my hand. So did the other ear, for that matter. And if having 2 ears break off was not enough, when I grabbed the rabbit by the head, that broke off in my hand as well.

This was a concrete lawn statue. It was amazing to see how crumbly it was. And yet the cat lawn statue, which had been outside for 18 years, had been as sturdy as ever.

Both the living room and kitchen experienced major transformations. Barbara and Ariana did hard work.

While there was still more to be done, everyone decided to call it quits after 5 or 6 hours of non-stop cleaning. We reached a good place. The rest wait for another time.

No comments: