Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Way of Crochet

I didn't want to do any cleaning today. I wanted to crochet. And that I did.

I made giant headway in my afghan, pinning all the pieces to an afghan-sized sheet and stitching together the motifs that sat edge-to-edge to other motifs.

Now remains the challenge of filling in all the empty spaces. That's going to be a bit difficult because all the pieces are pinned to a sheet, and that requires a lot of maneuvering as I need to turn the piece whenever I come to the end of a row.

There's one thing to say about the rhythmic nature of crocheting ~ the mind starts to wander. And sometimes it wanders into places that one would not typically reach in the normal pattern of thought.

Today my mind wandered into such a territory. It was both exhilarating, and a little bit scary.

Flashes of thoughts and insights came to me that excited me.

However, I am not yet prepared to share these thoughts and insights until I process them further. After all, the direction where these thoughts and insights may lead could have either positively powerful effects or devastatingly embarrassing repercussions.

Like I said, I really need to think this one through before I am ready to make a public proclamation.

Sorry to be such a tease.

No comments: