Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Blitz Goes On

I really did not feel like cleaning today.

For one thing I was tired from having to deal with the pain of a spasming back early this morning, followed by trying to keep warm in a church that had no heat.

In fact, it was SO cold at church that I could see my breath. When the choir was singing, you could have sworn they were caroling in the freezing cold outside.

Between the pain and the cold, I was wiped. I had no desire to clean. Rather, I attempted to take a nap on the couch with Gomez, Gypsy, Emi, and Big Fat Stevie to keep me company.

But soon Barbara and Jeremiah were going to be showing up. And I had to rouse myself from my semi-slumber so that I could join the cleaning blitz.

Today's blitz centered on the living room.

Jeremiah moved the filing cabinets outside, across the street, where tomorrow I will have to affix "free" signs to them.

The kids moved packed boxes into the library and studio.

Ariana swept and washed the back stairs. She also did the dishes.

Barbara vacuumed the living room, organized stuff, and washed the living room floor. (Behind and underneath the couch was a bone yard. 13 dog bones were found.)

And yours truly scrubbed the woodwork in the living room. I've only managed to do a small portion of it ~ the 2 doors leading outside, the archway, the wainscoting by the stairs, and the stair railings.

I still have the rest of the wainscoting, the beams and columns, the window frames, the fireplace mantel, and the kitchen door.

God! It makes me groan just to think about ALL the woodwork in the house and how it's in great need of cleaning, especially since the surfaces are not easy to clean.

Why did all the woodwork have to be white?

No comments: