Monday, January 26, 2009

Before and After

Today I was a bit more productive than the past few days.

First order of business was to bring Emi to the vet for her shots. Once that was done, I went to the town hall to get new dog licenses for her, Gypsy, and Gomez.

Afterwards, once the dogs had their new tags on their collars, it was down to business.

Today's order of business was to clean the cupboard under the long counter.


This is what it looked like on Friday.

And this is what it looked like today, after I got done cleaning and organizing it.

In addition to cleaning the cupboard, I cleaned and organized 5 drawers in the kitchen.

(I have yet to "attack" the "junk drawer." God knows what forgotten treasures I will find among the strata.)

And I cleaned up the tiny cupboard to the left of the sink ~ the one that had all those mysterious bottles from long forgotten eons.

I had also packed several boxes of kitchen stuff ~ stuff that I am not likely to be using between now and when we move to Texas. Or at least I'll make sure that we won't be having to use the stuff that I packed away.

We're going to be living very simply for the time being.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, living simply is a lot easier to do.

Already Ariana and I have gotten used to living in a clean and clutter-free house. In fact, we discovered that we prefer it that way.

Everything is so much easier on the eyes. And it feels healthier, too. I feel as though we can breathe much easier, not having the weight of clutter pressing down upon us.

We've developed better habits when it comes to maintaining a cleaner and more organized environment. And let's hope those habits remain with us once we move and establish a new home in Texas.

No comments: