Thursday, January 15, 2009

Working Where It's Warm

I really didn't feel like working today. I was more than content with crocheting scrumbles at the kitchen table during the morning, when the sun was shining through the big bay window and warming up the kitchen.

But I did make myself go an work.

This time I worked upstairs, where it was a lot warmer than downstairs ~ in fact a good 15 degrees warmer.

I moved all of the packed boxes out of Neil's old room and my room, and put them in the room at the top of the stairs.

Also, I packed about 8 boxes and filled up 3 garbage bags.

A good part of my room is now less cluttered.

In the meantime, I got a call from the garbage disposal place. We filled up the dumpster with 5.77 tons of material! That's a lot of stuff!

Now I knew that the dumpster had more than 4 tons. And I even suspected that it may have had 5 tons worth of trash. But nearly 6 tons? That's almost an extra 4000 pounds.

And just think, I still have more stuff that is going to have to be tossed.

Right now I have brought my laptop up to my bedroom. It is too cold to be typing on the keyboard downstairs.

Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder.

Yuck.

It's supposed to be the coldest day in about 5 years.

Well, if that's the case, it's a good guess that I'll be spending most of my time upstairs tomorrow.

No comments: