Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sloth Takes a Back Seat

Industriousness reigned today.

There was no leisurely crocheting after reading the morning paper. Once the paper was done, I was out the door.

I stopped at the accountant's office to ask a tax-filing question, and then went to the bank, in the same plaza, to deposit a check.

My next stop was to the vet's office to get copies of the dogs' rabies certificates so that I could get new dog tags at town hall.

However, after finding out that Emi was overdue on her rabies, the dog licenses had to wait.

I made an appointment for Emi to get up-to-date. Also, I made appointments for 4 cats to get their shots as well. (Because of the costs involved, I scheduled 3 separate appointments, 2 weeks apart from each other.)

After that, I went home. There, I spent the rest of the morning on the phone making several business calls and paying bills.

Once that was done, it was time to take a brief lunch break.

And after my instant "Hot and Spicy Noodle" bowl, it was back to work.

Today, I finally tackled my bedroom.

There were some odds and ends to pack, stuff to relocate into another area, stuff to throw out, and a major dust buffalo stampede to rustle up.

Also, I took down the curtains that I hung across the room in order to divide my sleeping space from the rest of the room, thus creating a hallway of sorts. The curtains were mighty dirty and were immediately tossed into the wash.

Once the curtains were down, my bedroom underwent a major transformation. The room became large again. Whereas it was dark before, this time it was bright with the afternoon sun streaming through the tiny windows just inches above the floor.

All that was left to do in my bedroom was wash the floor and the woodwork. And I decided that I could save that task for another day.

In perfect timing, shortly after I was done with the my bedroom, Barbara arrived, bringing Ariana home. (Jeremiah was with them, too, but he was fast asleep in the front seat of Barbara's SUV.) With Barbara's visit, there was definitely going to be no washing of floors and woodwork.

Barbara visited for awhile, bringing Rocky, one of her dogs with her. Rocky, an adorable 3-year-old pug, has become as frequent a visitor to the house as Barbara. The dogs get to visit each other, too.

As Barbara visited, I picked up my crochet for the first time today and worked on the tri-color spiral design that I started days ago.

Barbara left shortly after Jeremiah woke up from his nap because it got too cold in the car. He was still sleepy, cranky, and impatient to get home.

Now it's after 5:00 PM, and the sun has recently set.

Other than the loads of laundry that are still washing and drying, I'm pretty much done with my work today.

This time I can feel satisfied with myself that I finally got some work done after spending a few straight days being slothful.

No comments: