Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Morning Activity Followed By Afternoon Sloth

At 10:45 AM, Ariana and I left for the T.F. Green airport to pick up Jeremiah, who was flying in from Charlotte, North Carolina.

15 minutes on the road, I put on the radio so that I could listen to the
Inauguration Ceremony. I would have preferred to have watched it at home on my TV, but since I was driving, the radio had to do.

It took us about 45 minutes to get to the airport.

Jeremiah's plane had arrived ahead of schedule. Within 15 minutes we were back in the car, and still several minutes away from Obama being sworn in.

Rick Warren was giving the invocation as we were getting onto Route 95, heading back to Providence.

We were going to my mother's house. On the way there, we stopped at
Burger King to get some lunch, which Jeremiah bought for us.

I stayed in the car, listening to the ceremony, while the kids went inside to get the food.

Finally, I got to hear Obama get sworn in. He sounded nervous at first, jumping the gun in repeating the words. But he made it through.

The kids came out while Obama was giving his acceptance speech. And we got to my mother's before I got to hear the end of it.

Jeremiah was introduced to my mother. She liked him very much, saying that he was a very nice and pleasant young man.

Ariana and Jeremiah went into the living room to eat their food, while I stayed in the kitchen with Mam, giving her half of my
Angry Whopper and some of my fries.

We also had tea together. One thing about my mother, you always have tea at her house.

After tea, it was time to leave. Jeremiah was very tired from being on a plane since 5:00 AM this morning.

On our way out, we saw some of Mam's feral cats that live under the porch.

There was a petite tortoiseshell female who had an orange kitten with a short tail and a cute little smirky expression on his face.

A cat looking like a Himalayan ran out from under the porch, across the yard, and into the adjoining yard on the other street.

There was a black cat that refused to budge from under the porch.

Mam had me scatter some dry cat food on the ground, and she filled up a small plastic container with water and powdered milk.

None of the cats were brave enough to venture forth, despite the temptation of food. The mother and her smirky kitten remained peering out of the opening from under the porch.

Well, there was going to be no chance of any of us being able to pet the cats, let alone hold the kitten, who was really adorable. Perhaps that was for the best, especially since we already have 7 cats, 3 dogs, and 2 snakes.

On the way back, Jeremiah was full of silliness, a by-product of his being over-tired.

As I was driving, I noticed the overcast sky. It was bright and sunny in Providence. Yet we were heading into dreariness.

Because he was exhausted, Jeremiah wanted me to drop him off at his house. But first he felt like stopping for a cup of coffee. So we stopped at
Uncle Jon's in Marion to get Jeremiah a coffee and Ariana a cup of hot spiced cider with an extra shot of caramel. (Way too sweet for my taste.)

Having a full stomach, I did not get anything.

Having dropped off Jeremiah, we headed back home.

At this point, I was feeling a bit sleepy. So I went to take a nap.

I stayed in bed until it was time to feed the animals.

I checked on-line to see how
Gary from Mattapoisett fared on Bromance, which I missed yesterday because Barbara was visiting.

Well, it seemed as though Gary got eliminated. That was too bad. I thought that Gary was one of the nicest and most intelligent contestants on the show. Well, at least he made it through 4 episodes. There are only 2 more left.

When I was done with that, I went to make myself something to eat. And while that was heating up in the toaster oven, I checked on-line the episode of 13: Fear Is Real that I missed last week.

Even though it's a rather silly reality show, I find it intriguing. For one thing, how can people be that stupid and that scared? The stuff is not real. It's TV. No one's going to get hurt, let alone get killed like they do in the horror movies.


Don't these people realize how stupid they look and sound when they are screaming, shrieking and saying "I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared?"

(I know for sure that I would have never been picked to be a contestant for a show like that. Besides being well past the "beautiful 20-something" age, which is what all the contestants are, I would have been peeing my pants from laughter instead of fear.)

But that's what the show is all about ~ recreating the scary horror movie scenarios for the contestants to experience. The show does play on the contestants' psychological fears.

And as an added twist, a secret contestant has earned the privilege of being made a "killer," thus enabling him or her (I think it's a "her.") to assist the evil "Master Mind" in his task of "executing" the contestants.

I crocheted while I watched the episode. (Gotta get that afghan done, you know.)

So, the morning and the first part of the afternoon were fairly busy. The rest of the day was devoted to sloth ~ one of my current favorite 7 deadly sins ~ and more crocheting.

Sooner or later I am going to have to once more light a fire under my butt and do some more cleaning and packing. (I need to attack my room and the kitchen, especially the pantry and cupboards.)

Thank God that most of the work has been already done.

Right now I'm enjoying some R and R for awhile.

No comments: